About Me

My photo
Mossel Bay, Western Cape, South Africa
I am a Metaphysical Natural Health Therapist. My name is Susan Smit. I currently reside in Boggomsbaai. My learning and understanding of the workings of a wide range of modalities in the practice of natural healing and the Integrative approach to Healing and medicine, is what my practice is all about. I have a very real resistance to diagnoses, and will refer rather than try and claim the power of knowing. (Diagnoses, in my opinion is best left to blood analysis by Medical Doctors) I am a mother and I am a daughter, I am a friend and I am a student and teacher of life. I try to keep my focus in the present and real. I aim to be authentic and think before I speak, sometimes being quiet says everything I have to say. I have a son, Gregory and a daughter Anna who are from different times inside this lifetime who came to teach me about life. I have a deep fascination and passion for the human body and mind, the anatomy of the cells that make us who we are, why we are and how it all works in the wonder of natural living. I am a student and teacher of A Course in Miracles and offer and facilitate the local group in monthly meetings.

Monday 21 September 2020

Lymphatic Drainage

Lymph drainage massage is not the typical massage of the skin and muscles, it is a very complex process. The pressure is very light / softer than the weight of a coin, just the opposite of a deep massage, using firm/continuous pressure. If the pressure is too hard, the lymphatic system will shift and not be affected, it is directly below the skin.





BOOK NOW

What is the importance of regular lymph drainage?

Lymph drainage therapy helps to circulate body fluids, stimulates the functioning of the immune system, and promotes a state of relaxation and balance within the autonomic nervous system.  After any kind of surgery the lymph system is especially overloaded with eliminating excess fluids and toxic removal.

What to expect after a lymphatic drainage:

• Reduction in edema (swelling) and lymph-edema of various causes

• Detoxification of the body

• Repairs / renewal of tissue (e.g. burns and pre- and post surgical scars) and anti-aging effects

• Relief of chronic inflammation and conditions such as acne, eczema and allergies

• Immune system stimulation, for preventive and therapeutic effects

• Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia

• Relief of chronic pain

• Deep relaxation relieves: insomnia, depression, tension, but cell energy increases and memory loss improves

• Anti-spastic response mechanisms that bring relief to conditions such as random or involuntary muscle hypertonicity

• Reduction of fat and cellulite tissue

• Contributes to weight loss 

How do you know if you are suffering from lymphatics congestion?

  • stiffness, especially in the morning
  • fatigue
  • Itchy and dry skin
  • bloating
  • breast swelling with each cycle
  • holding onto water
  • Brain fog
  • swollen glands
  • stubborn weight gain
  • chronic sinusitis, sore throats, colds, ear infections
  • cold hands and feet


Opening up your lymphatic tunnels is also crucial / very supportive before you jump into any other type of cleansing program.

Take time and support your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment