About Me

My photo
Mossel Bay, Western Cape, South Africa
I am a Metaphysical Natural Health Therapist. My name is Susan Smit. I currently reside in Boggomsbaai. My learning and understanding of the workings of a wide range of modalities in the practice of natural healing and the Integrative approach to Healing and medicine, is what my practice is all about. I have a very real resistance to diagnoses, and will refer rather than try and claim the power of knowing. (Diagnoses, in my opinion is best left to blood analysis by Medical Doctors) I am a mother and I am a daughter, I am a friend and I am a student and teacher of life. I try to keep my focus in the present and real. I aim to be authentic and think before I speak, sometimes being quiet says everything I have to say. I have a son, Gregory and a daughter Anna who are from different times inside this lifetime who came to teach me about life. I have a deep fascination and passion for the human body and mind, the anatomy of the cells that make us who we are, why we are and how it all works in the wonder of natural living. I am a student and teacher of A Course in Miracles and offer and facilitate the local group in monthly meetings.

Monday 14 September 2020

My Approach

I am a Metaphysical Natural Health Therapist. 

My name is Susan Smit.   I currently reside in Mossel Bay, and Boggomsbaai.  Life is Beautiful.

Everything starts with a thought.  The idea which inspires and drives me forward.   

I learned as a young child to pay attention, to be present in the moment, and to do the task at hand with what you have and do the best that you can.    My youth also took many turns in learning about the beauty life has to offer, and to notice the little things.   My Father taught us to be deeply spiritual beings and my Mother's soft and gentle approach to supporting him in every way molded me into a gentle minded being.  In my therapy practice, these tools have been most useful, and has resulted in the learning and understanding the workings of a wide range of modalities in the practice of natural healing and the Integrative approach to Healing and medicine. 

I always choose Complimentary Therapies and Natural healing above all standard and orthodox therapeutic practice. It can, and inevitably does transcend the patient’s spiritual life and beliefs, which drives life's practices and guides social relationships.   In my work, I choose to employ mind-body practices, and combine it with the use of therapeutic physical/touch therapy, herbs (locally produced and manufactured) if required, and other natural healing options, which include nutrition, lifestyle and water-fasting, detox retreats and others which assist and supports the work.  I have a very real resistance to diagnoses, and will refer rather than try and claim the power of knowing. (Diagnoses, in my opinion is best left to blood analysis by Medical Doctors) 

Since 2004 my life presented me with the opportunity to change my perspective and focus my attention towards Natural Healing and therapy, Supporting the Body to Heal, Naturally.  

Due to physical challenges my body and my life insisted on teaching me to put my attention to healing the body when conventional medicine is not an option, or solution for the healing of the body.   

My intention is to share my experience and all that I have learnt with people who wish to heal naturally. In 2010 I founded Integrated Health and Natural Wellness in Mossel Bay and introduced myself to the community. My idea was to initiate an umbrella company in Mossel Bay to attract like minded individuals and other natural healing modalities to serve our community, and to create a space to find solutions to your individual problem when you have been everywhere else, nothing has worked, and you are finally ready to take on the responsibility of healing your body, the way it was designed to do. 



I am a mother and I am a daughter, I am a friend and I am a student and teacher of life.  I have wondered through many valleys filled with obstacles and mountains full of painful and blissful lessons.  I try to keep my focus in the present and real.  I aim to be authentic and think before I speak, sometimes being quiet says everything I have to say.   

I have a son, Gregory and a daughter Anna who are from different times inside this lifetime who came to teach me about life. I have a deep fascination and passion for the human body and mind, the anatomy of the cells that make us who we are, why we are and how it all works in the wonder of natural living.  I am a student and teacher of A Course in Miracles and offer and facilitate the local group in monthly meetings.   I write in Caligraphy when I make time.

Qualifications: Psychology 101 (1985) During these years I worked with Electrical Engineers, designing computerised maps, as a computer aided mapping designer (draughtsperson), using Ortophotos to digitize maps in the norhtern parts of Mpumalanga, South Africa. Pranic Healing Basic, Pranic Healing Advanced (2007-2009) Therapeutic Massage / Physiology and Anatomy - Core Training (2004-2006) Reflexology Ingham Method - Core Training (2011&2012) Pastoral Narrative Therapy - Coram Deo (2017&2018) Acupressure & Magnet Therapy - Jain (2019&2020)  Inner Engineering - Sadghuru (2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment